While travelling in Prague, there are a variety of transport alternatives which can be used to move in and out of the city. If you choose to hire a car in Prague, then there are some things which need to be noted.
Here we have listed some tips for renting a car in Prague.
- In Prague, there are various companies from where one can get a car on rent for travelling in and around the city
- However, before renting the car, check the reliability and reputation of the company and also note that sometimes the international rental car travel can require some additional fees.
- Ensure that if you have a GPS, then you also need to have updated local maps.
- Make sure that you get a proof that the car is in good condition.
- Take pictures of the clock along with the date so that you can calculate actual time and cost that is to be paid.
- Remember that in the Czech Republic one has to drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- The one who drives should be above 18 years of age and should have a driving license.
- All the passengers in the car have to use seat belts.
- A child can only sit on the front seat with a suitable child restraint system.
- Drink and Drive sternly prohibited in Prague. In case alcohol content is found in the driver’s blood, then a heavy fine can be levied and the licenses are taken away for about two years.
- Headlights should be used in dark and bad weather conditions.
- One needs Third-party insurance to drive in Prague.
- Also, the driver cannot use a cell phone while driving the car.
Remember these tips and have a safe drive around the city while travelling in Prague.